Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist

Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist
Me at a Comic Con

Wednesday 22 September 2010

That was Then...

As I mentioned in my previous post, in the old days, a merger between two comic titles (actually usually a take-over by the better-selling or longer established one) was always heralded by the euphemism "Great News, Chums" or suchlike on the cover.

But that was then.

Nowadays, "Great News Chums" means exactly what it says - Great News.

Back in November last year, the editor of a certain comic emailled me a suggestion. A left field idea. A daydream, really. It would never work. I was sceptical. But I had a go. Happily, bizarrely, it seemed to work out- and in snowy February, we got the first tentative go-ahead. Since then, the snowball has continued rolling... and growing... and growing... and that's all I can say today.

But maybe tomorrow...

5 comments:

Peter Gray said...

Your such a tease...

My guess is The Beano amd The Dandy merged together..
just guessing...

NP said...

Not even close

KevinT said...

NP, you are just unfair with this teasing...but I love it role on October.....

Kid said...

DENNIS THE MENACE getting his own weekly comic?

Nigel Auchterlounie said...

I think I've had the pleasure of reading the thing to which I think you're referring...

I don't know where the idea came from, but I have to say my first reaction was jealousy.
Boo hoo! it's not fair! I wanna do that!