Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist

Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist
Me at a Comic Con

Tuesday 14 September 2010

Daring to Draw


I draw comics. I've been drawing quite a while now- let's see- I started before I was 2 - have improved slightly- here's a page I did in about 1967, deep in my Marvel Comics phase! What really stands out for me is my signature- almost exactly the same as I do it today! So was I a grown-up 8 year old or do I have an 8 year old's mind today?
Let's leave that one hanging there...

4 comments:

Lew Stringer said...

Welcome to the Blogoverse Nigel! Your early strips are far better than mine were at that age. I might put some of my 1960s attempts up on my blog sometime, if I can stand the embarrassment.

NP said...

Thanks, lew, nice to be here!
Yes, you should post your earliest stuff! I only have a very few left from those days, which is strange as I think I drew every day!

Lew Stringer said...

I kept everything I drew! I used to put together my own 8 page comic in the mid to late sixties. All originated characters or based on family pets. Only my immediate family and one or two friends ever saw them though!

NP said...

You've GOT to let us see one of them!