Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist

Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist
Me at a Comic Con

Friday 24 September 2010

...and SMASH! again

While I've got SMASH! number 3 from 1966 out, here's another Baxendale page, this time the back cover, featuring the famous Big Creep Grimly Feendish. Look at the picture of the Black Maria hurtling in, stuffed full of policemen, squishing Grimly's foot. Know what? To me, this is another of the Great Pages- and twenty one frames!! I have a large copy of it framed on my wall to remind me how it's done!

2 comments:

Kid said...

Ah, SMASH! - one of my favourite comics. I'm lucky enough to have the ODHAMS bound file copies of the first year or two of this great comic. It was through SMASH! that I first discovered THE FANTASTIC FOUR, as it printed the origin of the FF simultaneously with WHAM!

Vexillia said...

Great stuff. More! More!