Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist

Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist
Me at a Comic Con

Wednesday 15 September 2010

Brothers and sisters

My sister (left pic) has asked me to tell you that, from 1967 to 1969, she collected a comic (Pow!) every Saturday morning from the Newsagents for me when she went to get her Jackie or Petticoat. Well, it was across a dual carriageway and she was 6 years older than me. And sending her out was cheaper than getting it delivered.
Having Spiderman AND the Cloak in one comic was very inspiring. I was already producing my own comics as far back as 1964 but I started to want to draw like Steve Ditko or Mike Higgs. Maybe one day.

My brother (right pic) never did buy me a comic. But then I only met him for the first time in 2009. Long story. Maybe a blog post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you wont believe it till you see it
THEY WALK THE SAME
cool thing this DNA!
Really nice to have met you both