Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist

Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist
Me at a Comic Con

Sunday 19 September 2010

If you haven't seen it, see it.

I don't get to go to many movies, but one I had to see was Sylvain Chomet's (Oscar nominated and critically acclaimed creator of "Belleville Rendezvous") marvellous adaptation of "The Illusionist", based on a script that had lain unfilmed for 50 years, written (and rewritten) by Jacques Tati, the French film-maker who gave us "M. Hulot's Holiday" and "Playtime" to name but two. Edinburgh and London in the early 60's come alive (I'm sure I even spotted Rory storm and the Hurricanes too!) with superb animation, and the story, while a touch too sentimental for me, and quite unlike Tati's other movies in that respect, is a neat one. But it's the luscious images that make this the must-see movie of 2010, and to see Tati one last time would bring a smile to anyone's face!

http://www.atractivoquenobello.com/2010/06/11/video-lillusionniste/

No comments: