Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist

Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist
Me at a Comic Con

Sunday 28 July 2013

Wednesday Was Beano Day

Last Wednesday was a big Beano day - the Beano's 75th anniversary was celebrated by some of publisher DC Thomson's finest sipping champagne and gorging on tempting foods - and also some of us freelancers- here you can see me, with Mark, Beano designer, and Gary Northfield and Laura Howell, famed cartoonists, clearly trapped in a cage of some sort and held for future deadline insurance.
And then I was trundled out to meet and greet some Beano fans too and sign stuff as if I was someone who should be signing autographs. I met a lot of nice people, like John, Gary, Claire, Elaine and Mike from The Beano (I already knew Craig, Craig, Iain and Gordon well), the lovely Claire, top designer from Doc Marten's boots, and the titanic twosome, fellow cartoonists Wilbur Dawburn and Alexander Matthews, and Paul Palmer and Kev F Sutherland, who I already knew, top blokes all. I'm sure I've missed out about a dozen people who I met, but I've just done what felt like a Tour Of Britain drawing Dennis The Menace and there are this week's deadlines to meet too and now a TV appearance to have a haircut for so goodnight for now.

No comments: