Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist

Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist
Me at a Comic Con

Friday 16 November 2012

Today. Just like any other day?

Today, I finished drawing my last piece of work for The Dandy. It was a rather strange feeling, having the weight of history on my shoulders, as you'll see when the comic is published in a couple of weeks. Since the news of the closure was broken to me in July, I've had a lot of comments from friends, colleagues and The Famous, and I aim to share some of them with you here soon.

2 comments:

Lew Stringer said...

It's a privilege to be in the final issue but, as you say, very strange as well. The final issue of a comic we grew up with! (On a personal note, the first comic I had regularly, and which helped teach me to read.) I'm sure there'll be mixed emotions all round on December 4th.

Harry Rickard said...

I can't wait for the final issue but at the same time never want it to come. I can't believe that such a perfect comic could end like that.