Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist

Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist
Me at a Comic Con

Monday 12 August 2013

Starting soon!

I've been a bit nonplussed at the strangely hostile reaction to fact and revelation about comics by 'comics fans' on the internet. Not all, by any means. But a few seem to be under the impression that their supposition about a comic strip that, for the sake of argument, let's say I draw, carries more weight than anything I might say about it. In this topsy turvey world of 2013, opinion and speculation is worth the same as documentation and information.
Well, as some corners of comicdom clearly have a very unsure grasp on how, why, where and when comics are made, I thought I'd share a few valuable insights into what goes on, what went on, and what will go on. All for free. Ready? OK, let's go!

3 comments:

Lew Stringer said...

The Internet has given an equal voice to anyone with a computer. That's fantastic in many respects, but the downside is that some people think everything on there is just an opinion that can be disagreed with, even facts backed by evidence.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but an INFORMED opinion is even better, and facts are best of all. Good luck with this Nigel. I'm sure it'll be fascinating and I hope it gives insight to people who tended to rely on uninformed sources about comics.

Peter Gray said...

Look forward to it...
Nice picture of Mum;0)

spleenal said...

AKA Nigel Auchterlounie said...

I'm fuzzy on all facts surrounding the comics biz (Full knowledge might have kept me out)
So I'm looking forward to this too.

The biggest question in comics is, of course, how did Cuddles and Dimples Dad get such a hot wife?

Did he look like Brad Pitt before he had kids?
(I know I did.)