Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist

Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist
Me at a Comic Con

Monday 14 March 2016

Dennis The Menace at 65

It's 65 years this week since Dennis The Menace first appeared in The Beano!
To celebrate, I was asked to create (and recreate and create again after which they did some of their own creating- it was a long job!) seven images of the little stripey rebel through the past seven decades, as they may have been drawn by the Dennis Artist of the era- 1950s, Elvis in the style of Davy Law, 1960s, Moon Landing by Davy Law, 1970s, Punk by David Sutherland, 1980s, Berlin Wall by David Sutherland, 1990s, Harry Potter by David Parkins, 2000s Banksy by me and 2010s Olympics also by me.


There's an opportunity to win signed (by me, again) prints of the full set here:


And here's my original rough sketch of the 'Banksy' one. I don't often (ie never) do rough sketches, but this time, as there were a lot of people involved for this special occasion, there were so many things I had to get right it was essential.

No comments: